Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 4 BCBR Earls Cove to Sechelt

Well this was the day I was dreading. It was long, it was double the climbing elevation of the past 3 days, and there was not much single track or shade in the trees!

Ok in saying that, I have to say, the crew on the sunshine coast sure have put a lot of work into building more trails and connecting the fire roads throughout the day compared to what it was like 3 years ago.  But it didn't make it any less of a slog then before. It was pure climbing all day long and steep climbing!  We went into the day with the moto of relaxing a bit and just getting through it.  I actually stopped at the feedzones and enjoyed the food and just ticked the legs along to get the day over with as pain free as possible.  4hrs and 40mins later our day was over and I was glad it was.  I was even more excited to see the burger stand at the finish line!

The enduro's for the day where good. First one super quick of just over 1min long and Wendy and I were 1 sec apart in times. The second was super fun at the beginning but a really tough hammer with some uphills and really long. A 10min max effort in the middle of a 4hr+ day was hard on the body! Wendy got me by 20secs and I had one half a crash and sliced my knuckles and forearms against some sharp rocks - but all was good and it was a better alternative to doing that then flying off the steep bankment on the other side of the trail!

Pics for the day from Dave Silver:






No comments: