Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day # 4 - BC Bike Race




As I expected today was my least favourite day !
Not enough single track and way too much climbing ( and mostly on fire roads – or hike a bike single track), and very very minimal flowy fun downhill.
Everyone hurt today. Hot, long day, (5hrs), not enough food eaten and couldn’t wait for it to be over.
Shitty start into a pavement climb where everyone just blew by me …. Ha ha.
I was waiting all day for the girl Karen to pass me on the climbs but never saw her, so towards the end I had figured she snuck by me at somestage with out me knowing. And yep, she was at the finish line when I got there, came in 10mins earlier. So my lead is now down to only 13mins. Its going to be a tough last 3 days.
I have the advantage of knowing day 6 and 7’s course but there is still a bunch of climbing that she can make up the time. Tomorrows course has been cut down a little due to permit issues, and means one big climb has been taken out and more single track has been added, so this is good new !!
Tomorrow night I get to go home, sleep in my own bed and pick up my car before the Squamish day, and have a place to stay in Whistler the next night, so can get plenty of rest.

Excited for the well talked about last 7km of tomorrows course, some amazing single track down to the ferry terminal – I am sure that will bring a smile to my face ☺

Megan

No comments: