Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day # 3 - BC Bike Race





WOW and OMG is all I can say about today!!

I placed myself right up front today as knew it was my style course and for sure didn't want to get stuck behind people on this day, I heard the trails were epic and wanted to experience them at speed :)
It was a complete hammer off the start with a few kms of road and straight into single track. I was in great position and the flow and speed was there from the beginning compared to the last few days. We had about 30km's of pure xc trails, then a big 10km / 45-60min climb right in the middle of the course up a fire road, and was in with a great bunch of guys (all from Nth Van). Broke my chain and had someone help fix it pretty quick, while I see the other solo girl now pass me, I jump back on the bike to chase. We arrived at the peak and then had a 20min+ downhill section, I caught her pretty quick and was stoked to have a chance to pass straight away. I had a complete clean run down some amazing trails and was loving it. Back out to some fire roads for a bit where I had a couple of guys to work with and they were looking after me and making me work to stick in!! then another 20km of more unbelievable trails. After 4hrs I still had a smile on my face. Got an extra 6mins lead today to make it a total of 23mins. With still 4 days to go, this really isn't much (couple flats or mechanicals, or some open road climbs where she catches me pretty quick - so still lots of hard work to go).
Sorry no pics but am sure there are some on the website www.bcbikerace.com

Megan

No comments: