Saturday, June 27, 2009

BC Bike Race

Wow ok, it's been like 10 months since my last major race and the last time I posted on here.
Tomorrow I start my big race for 2009. BC Bike Race - a 7 day mountain bike stage race. I have had a bunch of lead up events and now its time to test the body again.

Race Overview:

Day # 1 - North Vancouver 30km
Day # 2 - Nanaimo - Vancouver Island 70km
Day # 3 - Cumberland - Vancouver Island 65km
Day # 4 - Sunshine Coast 65km
Day # 5 - Sunshine Coast 65km
Day # 6 - Squamish 67km
Day # 7 - Whistler 30km

This race hosts the most single track riding any other race in the world has. Day 1 is on my local trails here on the mountain out my back door with the finish line 100m from my house, so I am super excited to have some home town advantage of knowing what to expect. The more technical a trail is in this race, the more chance I have in placing top 3 - lol - I am not the strongest climbing, so have to make up my time on the downhill!!

Race updates can be found daily on www.bcbikerace.com

Stay Tuned
Megan Rose

No comments: