Monday, February 13, 2012

Action Packed Weekend




Thought I would put a little vid together of last weekends fun as there was so much happening!

River Surfing:
We started out with doing a river surfing/boarding trip down one of the local rivers here (Kawarau River), crystal clear in a gorgeous canyon! We spend a few hours on the river floating down, riding waves (well attempting!) and some cliff jumping. Water was so refreshing and it made me realize how long its been since I have spent some time in the water (although we still needed wetsuits, it still felt amazing!)



Fruit Picking:
We got in a cruizy ride around a local lake and went fruit picking and got full backpack loads of fresh plums and apricots. We had that much I ended up having to make some plum jam and sauce.... and first attempt ever, it turned out pretty well!



Sweet Big mountain bike ride:
Also got in a bigger mountain bike ride with a huge group of locals where they got permission to access some private land up one of the local mountains. The views up there were spectacular and was a real fun unique ride.


Paragliding over Queenstown:
And last but not least, I got my first flight from Todd flying out over Queenstown, soaring higher then our take off at the top of the gondola and then after a few tricks and crazy maneuvers I wasn't feeling all that well. He then had to do some other manoeuvres to get us down more smoothly and keep my belly safe. Amazing paragliding pilot he is .... although I do have to get back up there and redeem myself - I can't handle being the wimp and have to teach my stomach a lesson or two ;)


Salsa Dancing:
Oh and to top it off we headed straight for the bar for some drinks and salsa lessons at one of the local bars. Some entertainment that was. Why can't every weekend be like this!! Well I guess it can ;)

Todd got in a kitesurf too!


No comments: