Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Dirty Duo

Dirty Duo Race



Went down to North Vancouver for the Dirty Duo race on Saturday. There were a bunch of events to choose from, a 50km trail run, a 25km trail run, a 30km mountain bike, a team relay combining the run and ride, or solo (do both the 25km trial run and 30km mountain bike), and thats the one that I opted to do, why I asked myself at the start line, "do I choose the hardest one??". I told myself it was to challenge myself and get a great day of training in for Mexico !!! So anyway the trail run was first on this cold raining morning, it involved a lot of climbing and some great technical descending (which is where a few of us broke away from the pack). Coming in at the end of the run at 2hrs 44mins in 2nd place, I was not really looking forward to the ride. The mountain bike course was wet, muddy, and technical. But all in all I was happy with my efforts, the uphill was slow and painful, but the downhill made up for the pain, and I had some great fun descending in the crazy conditions. I was thankfull to cross the finish line in 3rd place, tired, soaked to the bone, and layered in mud !!

Here is the link to the write up through MOMARS website: http://www.mindovermountain.com/momar/blog/blog.htm

No comments: