Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Baja Travesia 5 Day Adventure Race

Tuesday March 20th
So the time has come. My very first expedition race. 4 Sleeps until I fly to Mexico, to the warm and hopefully sunny Baja. I can't wait to leave the none stop rain in Canada!
So my goal for this race is to make it through it. I have no idea what my body is going to do and how it is going to handle it. So I have no thoughts on placings etc, just to finish and experience it, learn from it and to be ready to kick some butt in the races mid-year when I will be in prime shape !! I am extremely excited to paddle the coast of baja (although the water temp is a lot colder then I thought it would be), and I am excited to rapel and travel through a canyon of 20-30hrs worth that no-one has ever been through before. My team mate Gary just brought a waterproof digital camera, so there will be plenty of photos to share when we finish.
If you are wanting to keep track throughout the race you can do this through the website www.bajatravesia.com and follow team mindovermountain, or if they have updated our name it will then be helly hansen / mind over mountain. Don't expect any great results ......... but who knows this body might do better then expected (thats what I hope for anyway!!)
Will write and post some pics of the race when I return after April 3rd.

No comments: