Sunday, May 16, 2010

BC Cup # 1



3rd Race for the year. The BC Cup Series was about to start with the first race kicking off on the Sunshine Coast of BC. I headed over with Ann. After a short ferry ride, quick stop for food, we got to the start and geared up. I just came from 9 days off the bike on a holiday in Japan, so not sure how the legs were going to take this!



I remember this course from last year, a brutal long climb and a super fun downhill. We had 3 laps to complete. After a 2km hill climb to the start we were ready. A steep hill climb start to our first downhill, I had a little too much air in my tires and was just trying to adjust being thrown around a little more then usual. At the bottom of the downhill there was a creek crossing, last year I managed to ride straight through it, although not able to get around the person in front of me, I actually fail to unclip and find myself sitting in the cold cold creek!!

After a battle with another girl to take 4th place, I now got a lead on her by the 2nd lap, so was chasing 3rd. Back was feeling great compared to last year and legs were feeling stronger! Although each climb I was getting a little slower with fatigue, but each descent I was getting a little faster keeping my lap times very consistent. I was on the last 10+min downhill to the finish and was giving it all I had to try and catch that 3rd place, but had no-one in sight, I come across 4th place, to find I was only 37 sec off getting the 3rd place finish to the girl I had beat by only a few seconds in Cumberland.



Had a great race though, tough but fun course. Felt 100 times better after the race in Cumberland a few weeks ago, was a lot more coherent and not so destroyed, so that was a great thing!

Elite Women Results

1. McKirdy , Jean Ann 01:47:22
2. Yew, Ann 01:53:13
3. GUYRUP, Joele 01:54:40
4. Rose , Megan 01:55:17
5. Short , Katherine 01:57:37
6. COLLINS, Karen 02:08:46
7. Melanson , Julie 02:20:13
8. Lynch, Christine 02:22:56
9. Armstrong , Paula 02:27:05

No comments: